Dear Duncan Memorial Family:
IMPORTANT NEWS – To reduce the possible spread of coronavirus, there are currently no in-person church worship services. All activities and events at Duncan Memorial are currently cancelled.
We will be live streaming our worship service at 10:30 a.m. this Sunday on our church Facebook page www.facebook.com/DuncanUMC.
Why are we canceling worship?
- We believe this is the best way to limit contact and protect everyone’s health and well-being. This also means that we limit the spread of the virus among the Ashland community and ourselves. This decision was made in conversation with our church leadership and by the direction of our bishop.
What about online worship, and how do I access it?
- We will be live streaming worship on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. on Facebook. Please click HERE to access our Facebook page. We know some will not be able to access online worship, and we are working on finding other ways to share a recording of worship with you.
- We will do our best to also email a link to watch the Sunday online services on Vimeo.. Please share this link with friends and family, and encourage them to subscribe to our weekly email by clicking HERE.
What about my offering?
- If you are able, please make monetary donations and pledges online by clicking HERE. You can give one time or you can set up reoccurring gifts so that even if you are unable to attend to worship when we resume, you can still contribute to the life and ministry of Duncan Memorial.
- You are welcome to mail your offering check to P.O. Box 247 Ashland, VA 23005. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL YOUR CHECK TO 201 HENRY STREET as we do not have a mail receptacle here.
Why talk about offering?
- We are talking about your offering because your gifts will keep the church engaged in our mission and ministry. Through your offering, we can still be the hands and feet of Christ at work in the world.
- If you are able, we encourage you to give an additional gift to the Pastors’ Discretionary Fund, which we use to address the immediate needs of others in our community. We expect the need for assistance to rise in the coming weeks. For this week only, we do not have an option to donate to the Pastor’s Discretionary Fund online but will have that option in the future. If you would like to donate now to the Pastors’ Discretionary Fund, please mail a check to Duncan Memorial at P.O. Box 247, Ashland, VA with Pastors’ Discretionary Fund in the memo line.
- Pray! Please pray for everyone affected by this virus: for those living in poverty, the sick and the dying, medical professionals, small business owners, and anyone else who is vulnerable.
- Ask for help! If the virus has impacted your well-being, ask for help from your church and your community.
- Read your emails! We will be updating all of you as we learn more and gain useful information. Please share this email with anyone who may not subscribe to our newsletter and give others a call to make sure everyone is up to date.
Take a deep breath and know that God is with us!
Duncan Memorial clergy